Till senaste kommentaren

I am an hourly employee and now I have to work fewer hours, can I get a-kassa?

Yes, then you can be entitled to benefits from a-kassan as long as you do not receive salary for the time you would have worked.

If you already receive a-kassa, you need to continue to fill in and submit your report cards as usual.

If you are not already registered as unemployed at Arbetsförmedlingen, you need to do so first to be entitled to a-kassa.
Medlemsservice Rapportera olämpligt innehåll


  • Hi!
    I am employed with a full time permanent contract but will have to work about one day less per week because of a decrease in workload due to the Corona situation and will not receive payment for the days I will not work. Could I get help from A-kassan?
    Thank you!
  • Hi Valentina!

    Thank you for your question. If you are still employed fulltime, you will not be able to receive compensation from the unemployment insurance fund for that day.

    You can only receive compensation for days you are unemployed and if you have a fulltime employment you are not counted as unemployed.

    Best regards

  • Hi
    I do not have a permanent or temporary job but i work as timeworker (timvikarer). Currently i am getting compensation from a-kssa. Should i apply for compensation for the days i do not work?
    Please give me detail information

    kind regards
  • Hi Tesfalem!

    Thank you for your question. When you work, it is important that you fill in the hours on your tidrapport. By filling in your hours worked, you automatically apply for a-kassa the hours you do not work.

  • Hello
    I’m working as a personal assistant and I had 70% working contract due to my sickness I couldn’t work much and my employer made it to 45%. I’m currently in 100% sick leave until June. Can I get akassa in this situation.
    Thank you
  • Hi Ama!

    How sad to hear that you're sick.

    When you are ill, you are not entitled to compensation from a-kassa. You need to contact Försäkringskassan and apply for sickness benefit.

    Get well soon!

    Céline, Kommunals a-kassa

  • Hello, i am a member of this a kassa during 4 months. I am paying avgift every month but right now i cannot continue my membership. Should i stop membership  3-4 months? After 4 months i want to continue again
  • Hi Zannatul!

    Thank you for your question. If you terminate your membership it may take longer to receive compensation based on your income if you become unemployed. If you want terminate your membership you must notify us in writing. The membership fee is paid for the entire last month. Keep in mind that your compensation can be affected if you leave the unemployment insurance fund.

    You can notify us via Mina sidor, letter or email, medlem@kommunalsakassa.se. If you email, do not forget to write your personal information (personnummer) in the email.

    Mina sidor

    Best regards
Inlägget är stängt för ytterligare kommentarer.